MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
As the parent/caregiver (or swimmer if 18 years or older) submitting this form:
- You declare that all information supplied on the application for membership form is true and correct; and
- You understand that upon payment of the Club membership fee (if any) you will become a member of Nelson South Swimming Club (NSSC), Swim Nelson Marlborough (SNM) and Swimming New Zealand (SNZ) and that by paying such fee each year by the due date, you will continue to be a member of NSCC, SNM and SNZ, unless you resign or your membership is terminated.
- You agree to pay all the fees, levies and dues attributable to your membership;
- You understand you will not be eligible to swim in any events NSSC participates in, unless NSSC membership and squad training fees are up to date. This includes all meets, Club nights, camps and away trips; and
- If you leave NSSC during the membership period, you understand you will be liable for any unpaid fees and will not receive a refund of unused membership.
NSSC is a non-profit organisation run by volunteers. Membership requires each member and/or family to assist with the running of NSSC. You will be contacted to arrange how you and/or your family can best assist. This way all members have the opportunity to enjoy their membership of NSSC to the full. By completing this application for membership form you agree to assist with the running of NSSC. This might include helping with working bees, fundraising, timekeeping at meets and/or becoming a swimming official.
You understand that images of swimmers may from time to time be used on the NSSC website (www.nelsonsouthswimming.org.nz), other print publications and social media including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram. These images may be used for publicity or training purposes. First names of swimmers will generally only be used - but where articles are shared, such as from other media, surnames may be published as well. Members may request at any time that a photo that includes an image of them be removed, and the photo in question shall be removed at the earliest opportunity. At all times, NSSC shall exercise discretion in selection of photos, and refrain from posting photos that are likely to cause embarrassment.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993:
- You consent to the collection of the information requested in this application for membership form by NSSC and SNM for the purpose of Club Records and registrations, and for this information to be retained, used and disclosed to SNZ, Sport and Recreation New Zealand (SPARC), and sponsors;
- You understand that your personal information will be held securely; and
- You will have access to your personal information and be able to make corrections.